Thank you and farewell from Brooke!


Things have been busy as always here in Peru! We have had a huge field team over the last few months, including new volunteers, the new TCP manager, Mosqoy board members, and the founder herself! It has been so much fun getting to know people from all over the world who are involved with Mosqoy, spending time with them, and collaborating on new ideas for the development of our programs. We truly have a strong and inspiring team!

Not only do we have a strong management team, but also a wonderful group of students! We celebrated the accomplishments of our graduating students in June, alongside our incoming students at a lovely venue outside of Ollantaytambo. We were blessed with a beautiful day to honor our students and their families by sharing delicious food and drink, good conversation, and well wishes. It was so exciting to see how the hard work of these young men and women has paid off and to see them fulfill their goals. This event marked the start of a new chapter, both for those who have completed their time with the Andean Youth Program as well as those who are just joining the Mosqoy family. I look forward to hearing about where our students will go from here and wish them all the best on their journey forward!

Mosqoy staff, students and families at our graduation/inauguration celebration.
Ana and I have had a great start on creating an up-to-date alumni network to facilitate a closer community of former Mosqoy students. All of us here are very much looking forward to the end of the month when we have a get-together planned for all Mosqoy alumni! We have a fun-filled day planned, complete with soccer and volleyball tournaments and a delicious picnic in the sun. This will be a great opportunity to touch base with alumni and learn about what they have been up to since graduating. We look forward to sharing their stories with you in the near future!
Current students Cristian, Alex, Marilyn, & Deniss spending time together at Casa Mosqoy.
As I am approaching the end of my time with Mosqoy, I want to express my deep gratitude for this beautiful experience and for all those who were a part of it. Though my life in Peru has been very challenging at times, I have learned so much during my adventures and from the people with whom I’ve crossed paths. I want to thank Cara for being an excellent manager and friend through all the ups and downs, and a big thank you to all those who helped me make it through my many sick days!
Ashli, Cara and I together with new student Jaime at the Señor de Choquekillka festival in Ollantaytambo.
I feel so honored to have been welcomed with open arms into the Mosqoy community as well as the various communities of our students and weavers. It has been a joy to get to know the Mosqoy students on a personal level, hearing their stories and watching them evolve. They are an amazing group of students who will no doubt succeed in their endeavors and I feel blessed to have been a part of their journey. I am grateful for the valuable experience I have gained throughout my internship and hope to continue my involvement with Mosqoy in the future.

MIL GRACIAS A TODOS!

Thank you, and farewell…

Brooke Shaughnessy

Comments

Popular Posts