Camille (TCP - Victoria): an introduction

Hi readers !
I’m writing today my first blog and will do it once a month until April.

Let’s begin by a short introduction of myself.  I’m a full-time Textile Community Program intern in Victoria. I come from France where I grew up in a small village of the South West. I’m a third year student in Sciences Po Toulouse which is a highly selective school (we have to pass a selective exam to study there). The first two years in Sciences Po are multidisciplinary, so I have studied lots of subjects, including political sciences, international relations, history, economy, law, foreign languages, sociology and communications. After my third year, which is (for all Sciences Po students) a year abroad at the university or in internship, I need to study two more years and would like to opt for an “International Cooperation and Economic Development” master’s degree.

Winter in Saint John
So for my third year, I decided to go to Canada because I wanted to improve my English and to visit the country. I spent the first semester at the University of New Brunswick in Saint John which was a good (and cold) experience!

Then, I wanted to stay in Canada (but in another province) and to have an experience in a non-profit organization.  I found Mosqoy's website in June, I was fascinated by the goals and values of the organization so I sent my resume.

And six months later, I’m in Victoria and I am very excited to be a part of such an amazing program! 

I have just finished my first full week which was a training week with Sarah. She kindly spent the week to explain to me everything I need to know to achieve my duties and projects. It was an enriching week, I met nice people (I particularly want to thank Sarah for her time and support!), I learned more in depth about Mosqoy, and I participated in a meeting with a potential wholesale buyer. I was also at the presentation Ashli gave on Thursday with the Weaver Guild. It was a great experience to listen to Ashli tell the story of Mosqoy and also to help with textile sale!

Weaver Guild Presentation and Sales
For now, I have to concentrate on some promising projects I have to develop, the first being a photo-shoot of the textiles!

See you next month!





Comments

Popular Posts