Our Office in Victoria BC

Our Office in Victoria BC


Table of Contents:


1. Victoria Office

2. Volunteer potlucks! – They’re back!

3. Student sponsor highlight of the week

1. Victoria Office


First of all, we thought we'd invite you to take a look at our Victoria office! Nestled into the front of the Shoal Point Building, gazing onto the bustling boat and fish and chip scene of Fisherman's Wharf, we decided this was the perfect spot to set up our Victoria headquarters.

Fishing boats floating outside Fisherman's wharf.

Our best used and most well loved workspace!
The office provides a great work space, and Mosqoy has benefitted enormously from having a main headquarters in Victoria. The office is the hub of our Victoria chapter, giving us a place to store textiles, connect with other local organizations, and hold meetings in the communal boardroom. Our space itself is definitely teeny, but we're able make use of the shared kitchen, office supplies, photocopier etc, which have proved to be wonderful resources.

2. Volunteer Potlucks- They’re back!


Mosqoy loves potlucks. Ever since Mosqoy’s inception, we’ve bonded over our shared love of food and our passion to create positive change in Peru and all around the globe. Our potlucks also act as informal volunteer meetings, helping us brainstorm new ideas, and keep everyone updated on the latest news.

We were happy to have lovely live music being played in the kitchen as we snacked and chatted. Thanks to everyone who came and made the night a such an awesome success.


We decided that we’ll be holding monthly potlucks from now on! Want to attend and get involved? Send us an email at info@mosqoy.org , or check out our volunteer page, here.



3. Student Sponsor Highlight of the Week:


This week's sponsor ship is student, Edison, is Mosqoy 4 student. He's already completed his first year of post secondary in Cuzco, but still requires sponsorship to complete his education. Please share Edison's bio with anyone you think might be interested and help us get him sponsored!


Edison Canal Apaza


My name is Edison Canal Apaza. I’m 21 years old, and I was born on June 25th 1991. I studied at a school named Virgen of Fatima, in the District of Ollantaytambo.

When I finished my primary school, I continued studying at the Ollantay College in Ollantaytambo. I studied for five years at this school. During these five years, I stayed with my family, helping my parents with farming.

Throughout these five years I walked to the college through the district of Ollantaytambo and after I would return to my house or go to the community of Pallata. My community is eight kilometres from the district of Ollantaytambo, which takes two hours to walk or half an hour drive.

I’m one of 5 brothers. Two of my older brothers left their studies because they didn’t have enough money, and the rest of us are studying. Two of us are in College.

I keep studying for my future, and to keep going forward.

My parents are Domingo Canal Caviedes and Carmela Apaza Alvarez. They are both dedicated farmers.

I’m continuing my studies in Cusco so that I can keep going forward, and I have help from the NGO, Mosqoy.

For more info on student sponsorship, email info@mosqoy.org, or check out our student sponsorship page here.

Comments

Popular Posts